Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"Stapleton Kearns, Scott Moore, and Kim Simmonds painting in Cazenovia"


Kim Simmonds and Stapleton Kearns


Kim Simmonds and Stapleton Kearns


View of all 3 paintings at Chittenango Creek in Cazenovia NY






Scott Moore, Kim Simmonds, and Stapleton Kearns





Welcome to my blog, I am an art dealer and artist in Cazenovia NY. I recently retired from the Air Force to begin my second career in the Fine Art field. I moved back to NY in June of this year and will be opening Maresella Galleries at 55 Albany st. in Cazenovia ny 13035. I represent painters from the North East and carry 19th century paintings ranging from landscapes to genre.
I decided to move back to the Syracuse area and open an art gallery, my goal was to bring to the community, a gallery which represents the best in traditional art. Tying together contemporary masters with those from a bygone era is something most galleries are afraid to venture in to but when done properly, it offers the best of both worlds. In my opinion you have 2 types of collectors, contemporary and period and usually they do not cross over. I want both types of collectors to appreciate what the other brings and hopefully build a collection comprised of both.
Well enough about me, the pictures above were taken today at Chittenango Creek in Cazenovia NY. Scott Moore, Stapleton Kearns, and Kim Simmonds were gracious enough to spend the week painting local scenes which will be available at Maresella Galleries. I will be spending tomorrow in the field with them painting off Maple rd in Cazenovia. I am excited to be able to paint with such skilled and established artists and will take plenty of picture to share with all.
Thank you for reading and please check back tomorrow for more on the painting adventures around Central NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment